Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Team Member Spotlight: Sabine

One of our interns, Sabine from Austria, shares her experience and take on what student housing could offer her and her fellow peers...
My name is Sabine and I am a student of a language school, located here in San Francisco. I’m staying here in San Francisco for 6 months and I’m living with a host family, a house with 10 other students. I really enjoy my time with my host family because of the people. However the lodging situation isn’t what I presumed it would be. 
At one point, some of my peers and I thought about renting and sharing an apartment. Unfortunately, we never ventured to this step, because we didn't have enough information about how it works. We didn't really know where we should search for an apartment, in which neighborhood we should rent, mostly we didn't know if we were even allowed to rent an apartment in the USA, because we were all students from abroad.
It would have been really helpful if our school could inform us about apartment rental, because I know that a lot of students aren’t satisfied with their current options.




No comments:

Post a Comment