Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Team Member Spotlight: Mariya Nesheva

Here at Latitude 38 Group, we like to shine the light on our team members. This marks the first of a series of articles written by each memeber of the L38 Team which sheds light on the the people behind the scenes. Today, we'd like to introduce you to Mariya.

My name is Mariya, I come from Bulgaria and I joined Latitude 38 Group a few months ago, which was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life. It made me realize a lot of things and answer many questions and doubts I had about the choices I made so far. 

I came to the US to do my masters degree in International business at Hult International business school. Why did I decide to fly all the way to the West Coast from Europe? I just wanted a different experience and I grabbed the opportunity without thing about it too much. There is always a reason or an excuse not to do something but I first consider the benefits and the positive sides of doing it. I studied in London before, spent a semester in Zurich, one in Madrid, I did internships in different countries and I have always tried to travel as much as I can.  Each time I loved it! And yet, I used to wonder if I chose the right university, if everything I study will be ever used and if I was just wasting my time going all around the world and having nothing secure. 


Latitude 38 turned out to be the perfect fit for me. From the first day I felt  part of the team, I was involved in every aspect of the business, I could go and ask anyone questions. I have been given the opportunity to apply everything I learned during my business studies, share my experience and feel that my opinion and ideas are valued. I found out that real estate can be so exciting if you work with people who are really passionate about it and who look for opportunities and solutions in challenging times and markets. Every day I learn something new and I get involved in many interesting projects including capital raising, property management, marketing and strategic planning. I feel that the energy, drive and innovative spirit that surrounds me are constantly pushing me forward. I learned that to succeed in this industry it is not about being big, but about being smart, flexible, having a defined strategy, approaching the right people and last but not least – having the right people and a good leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment